Jack Skellington Halloween Decoration
What we will craft...
A Jack Skellington Halloween decoration, which you can use either as an individual decoration or hang as a string garland.
What do you need...
- white cotton string
- black felt
- water ballons
- liquid fabric starch
- paper or cardstock
- pencil (optional)
- dime (optional)
How to make it...
- Inflate the water balloon to approximately 4 inches. Ensure the balloon stays round.
- Cut the white cotton string into a length of 5 feet. You will probably need at least 2-3 strings for each balloon.
- Pour the liquid starch into a bowl. Dip the cotton string into the bowl and let it soak up the starch.
While the string is soaking, you can roll the balloon inside the bowl to cover the whole surface with starch.
- After both, balloon and string are all covered with starch, start rolling the string around the balloon until it starts to look like a web.
Before additional more strings, ensure they are soaked and fully covered with starch.
- Now it is time to attach a string and hang up your almost finished Jack Skellington to dry.
Place a paper bowl or something else to collect all the dripping starch.
- While hanging up for drying, start cutting out the eyes, nose and mouth.
You can either do it free-handed or use the pencil to draw some templates on the paper.
Note : Cutting the black felt might require some adult supervision.
- Once the string dried, you need to remove the balloon carefully.
If the balloon did not deflate by itself you need to pop it.
Afterwards, glue the eyes, nose and mouth onto the starched cotton string web.
- Hang up your Jack Skellington as a garland or place them simply as decorations.