Cupid’s right around the corner and here are some ideas that will sure to please your loved ones. If you are curious about the history of Valentine’s Day, here’s a link providing you insight as how it came to be a holiday surrounded by love.
For your significant other
1. Flowers are a traditional gift for the lady in your life. Not all flowers are created equal nor are the price tags. To get quality flowers without breaking the bank, try: Costco (membership is needed), JustFlowers.com or 1-800-Florals. Discount sites such as Groupon are also offering deals for Valentine’s Day.
2. Do you have a sweet tooth or fruit cake in your life? Food options such as home made baskets, chocolates, or fruit baskets are also a great gift option. For the man in your life, Man Crates are super cool specialty baskets made just for men.
3. For personalized gifts or gifts that are keepsakes, you can find a variety of one of kind gifts in prices that everyone can afford at Red Envelope located here in San Diego. Support your local economy by browsing and ordering a gift through them. Shopping for the man in your life? Personalize a gift through UGiftIdeas.
4. Plan on taking your sweetheart for an evening on the town? Dinner location ideas and savings to local restaurants can be researched at Restaurant.com. You can even purchase a gift card or e-card for your loved one utilizing this website.
“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage. “- Lao Tzu
For your children
1. Love is love so similar philosophies apply with your children. However, they may prefer your entertainment or Do It Yourself crafts and ideas as time is of more value than presents to most children. However, if you would like some Valentine’s Day gift ideas to purchase for your beloved child, there are some great gifts on Gifts.com.
2. Children love crafts! It offers them a way to let their creativity flow. Help them enjoy the meaning of love by taking ideas and bringing them to life. Let them make gifts to “share” while understanding the true meaning of love through Spoonful.
3. Show your love through food creations that your entire family can enjoy. Children are visual and nothing says I love you more than a bunch of hearts. Whip up some love to eat and share at Hoosier Homemade.
“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”- Dr Seuss
Happy Valentine’s Day from our family to yours!